This past Thursday was 72 and sunny. Not a typical day in Columbus ,Ohio mid-march. I decided to keep my babysitter a little longer and surprise Jace after my day in his class and take him to his favorite place on Earth....the zoo!
We started out by grabbing food at his favorite place....(aside from daddy's of course), Chipotle!
After lunch we made our way across town to the zoo.
On a side note, I couldn't get over how strange it was to not buckle anyone in a carseat, carry a diaper bag, or unload a stroller!
We started out by getting the map...which he knows the zoo forwards and backwards but loves the technicality of planning out our trip (typical first child). We had to find a bench close by and sit and analyze the map together to figure out where we were going to head first.
He decided the South America side...because he loves penguins best...this week!
| Presenting the puffer fish |
| Jace tells me all of the penguin facts. |
- We love those kangaroos
I can't even count how many 'elephant' poses we have through the years!
After a couple hours...time for a snack!
One self portrait with my little man!
It was such a great day! Jace is such a joy to bring to the zoo. He loves to see and learn about all of the animals and it amazes Jason and I how much information he retains. I am looking forward to many more 'mommy and me' days at the zoo this spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment